header

 General Meeting Minutes

Date:  11/13/2019

Food was served, meeting was called to order and Pledge of Allegiance was said.

1  Reading of Minutes:  Minutes from 10/9/19 General Mtg. were read. No corrections.  Minutes from 10/23/19 board meeting were read.  No corrections.

2  Presentation of Resolutions:  None

3  Officer Reports:

Treasurer's Report:  No report / treasurer.

Safety Officer Report: Position is still open. Ron Campbell took the safety course.  Had 28 kids take the class on Nov 2nd.   Need someone with more mechanical knowledge next time and both a 2-stroke & 4-stroke sled to look at. If anyone else is interested in helping out, let us know.

Trail Master's Report:  Some discussion on Herlihy Rd / turnaround / house to be built / berm.  No trail closures.  Tim thinks that is a result of sending the pancake tickets / insurance  Certificates out early.  A few properties are changing hands.  Need to be careful when adding new landowners that we don't duplicate addresses.   At the end of Hills road, house hasn't been built yet.  Issue with Breese's in Delphi, Kevin talked with them and thinks we are ok.  Couple people passed, don't know new owners yet.  Had to move crossing at Driscoll's, no issue.  Had a good turnout for Trail work (Rosenburg, Schreiber, Hodge, Diligent, White, Compton, Gearity, Knapp, R. Clark, H. Clark, Schmidt, Donahue, Carpenter) and got about a third of trails marked.  Still have some crops in the way.  Have to wait for Dixon's and some of the other hunters.  Todd Shute checked out the area that needs work and questioned whether DEC needs to be involved.  Highland has over 100 hunting permits out.  Almost impossible to have the trails marked before the end of hunting season.  A few bridges need a couple boards.  Not sure what we have left for Pressure Treated lumber.  Still need some maintenance work.  Not planning to rent tractor / brush hog.  Need some more post pounders made and need sign screws.  Pompey Mall is supposed to be open in December.
Assistant Trail Master's Report:  No report.

Vice President's Report:  No report / President.

President's Report:   Nothing because county meetings moved to after our monthly meetings.  No board meeting planned this month.
4  Committee Reports:  No committee reports.

5  Old Business:     No word on Heritage Hills.  Palladino told someone it was marked and mowed.  Need to confirm.  There are some tight spots.

6  New Business:  Got some tables donated.  Need to decide what to do for chairs.  Question was asked about status of our Super Raffle tickets, need to check on where they are.   Need to pay for the website.  Tim had trouble posting stuff on the website.
Club Activities:  Want to do a Weiner Roast at some point. A suggestion was made for a group ride of some kind.  Steak bake fundraiser on Nov 2nd went very well.

7  Payment of Bills:   No treasurer, so no bills paid.

8  Adjournment:  Meeting was adjourned.

 

Board Meeting Minutes

Date: 10/23/2019

"Meeting was at the groomer barn and food was provided. Had a few members attend along with the board members.

Dave Knapp showed up and discussed the apple Fest. Thanked the club for helping with vendor parking and provided us with a $1000 check. Attendance was about 12000 on Saturday (some rain in PM) and over 15000 on Sunday. All the food vendors sold out except one. Thanks to Russ, Ron, Brad and Gary for doing this for the club. Plan on doing it again next year. Please support Dave on his re-election bid for county legislator. Question was asked about putting the check toward the groomer barn fund. It was agreed to do that. Need to get the separate accounts setup and find out if this money can be put into a money market account.

Secretary: No minutes were read, see website.
Trail Coordinator: We still are waiting for funding reimbursement for last year (~$23,000). Probably February at the earliest. Need to get accountability so these payments get done quicker by NYS Parks. We have about $9k for expenses between now and then. Had discussion on need for a tractor / bush hog (not really). Had discussion on what's involved with Phase I, Phase II and Phase III submittals. We got 4 landowner certificates back (Walton, Paonessa, Delong and Quinn). Some discussion on Trail changes. Need to go to Delphi and survey the situation. Greenwood road crossing has to move 300 ft to the north. Also, an issue in DeRuyter and one on Herlihy Road. Question about liability. NYSSA has settled claims, but never lost. Must mark hazards and mark trails to keep safe, especially for inexperienced riders. Discussed why Pringles was marked as it was in the past. Corn cutting is done and manure should be done in a week. Should be good to start " "marking after 11/1/19. Would be nice to put a bridge at bottom of the big hill in Delphi, need to discuss with family. Brian Hait to talk to Todd Shute about excavation work needed. Equipment is in good shape, but groomers need some maintenance work. Kevin asked Tim to do a punch list of items to work on. Need some springs put back on drags and greased. Need to check Delphi woods for trees down / other issues. Need to do something for shields around cameras.
Assistant Trail Coordinator: Still waiting for Dave Gillis to put in culverts on S53.
Vice President: No report
President: At county meeting, mileage reimbursement rates were given, but didn't seem right. NYSSA membership is at 10,200. No Artic Cat sled for Super Raffle, but there is a generator from Yamaha and NYSSA is putting in $5000. There will be a groomer class in Lewis County. The Salisbury one is probably better and where we usually go. New Parks commissioner and they are short staffed still so stuff will be late.
Treasurer: Current Balance not given. Bills were paid.
Old Business: None
New Business: Safety class on Nov 2 is full with 29 kids signed up. OCSA Kick-off dinner will follow in the evening. Please promote dinner. We have $500 in door prizes. Eugene will be looking into getting some club clothing designs. Do we want to buy chairs? Consensus was no at this time. Board meetings are OK at groomer barn, but parking could be an issue when there is lots of snow. Next meeting 13th Nov.

Meeting adjourned."

General Meeting Minutes

Date:  10/9/2019

Food was served, meeting was called to order and Pledge of Allegiance was said.

1 Reading of Minutes:  Minutes from 9/11/19 General Mtg. were read. No corrections.  Minutes from 9/25/19 board meeting were read.  Correction on statement about free vouchers for all Knapps.  None for Betty and Ted.

2 Presentation of Resolutions:  None

3 Officer Reports:

Treasurer's Report:  No report / treasurer.  Balance on hand ~$19000.    $10k should be moved into groomer barn account.  Not many expenses coming up in near future.

Safety Officer Report: Position is still open but Ron Campbell agreed to help out.  If anyone else is interested in helping out let us know.

Trail Master's Report:  No report / Trail master.  We do have to move road crossing at Greenwood Farms per Tim.  Not sure to where.   We have minor issue at Tracey road.  Town isn't happy with some of the things we have done.   Need to get going on staking / signs, but corn removal and manuring is late.  We can do stop signs at roads.

Assistant Trail Master's Report:  No report / Assist Trail Master.  Kevin checked with Dave Gillis, supposed to contact us shortly when he is ready to put in culverts.  Do have a major issue to resolve in Delphi Falls with Vanerden property and new seedings.  There is a drifting issue with where trail was moved on Pringles property and we need to find out why it was moved.  Most people will cut corner anyway.

Vice President's Report:  No report / President.

President's Report:  Nothing because county meetings moved to after our monthly meetings.

4 Committee Reports:  No committee reports.

5 Old Business:     None

6 New Business:    Dave Knapp stopped in and asked if we were coming to work Apple Festival vendor parking.  We informed him we hadn't planned on it.  Russ volunteered and Ron agreed to help.  Maybe Tim H. will help.  No issues with County reimbursement.  Dave asked people to come out and vote.  Oneida County Legislature voted to setup a snowmobile season in the county.  Wasn't sure why.  Question was asked about Heritage Hills trail.  Need to stop there and find out if it got cleared.  Need to figure out where to have board meetings, as Knoxies now has Trivia night on Wednesday.   This next meeting will be at the groomer barn on 23rd.  Bring some chairs.   Question asked "Are we renting a tractor / brush hog this year?"  Assume yes.
Club Activities:  Steak bake fundraiser on Nov 2.  $16  Safety class during the day.  Not doing head count anymore.  Ordered 225 steaks.  Haven't run out before.  Get the word out and Eugene gave out some posters to put up.

7 Payment of Bills:   No treasurer, so no bills paid.

8 Adjournment:  Meeting was adjourned.

 

Board Meeting Minutes

Date:  9/25/2019

Food was provided at end of meeting.  Had a couple members attend along with the board members.

Secretary:  No minutes were read, see website.

Trail Coordinator:  Need to find out about new owner of Zink property.  Newton is on board to help out with Highland excavation work when we get permission / timing.  Some discussion on various work needed.

Assistant Trailmaster:  Still need to get Gillis to put in culverts.

Vice President: No report

President: No report

Treasurer:  Current Balance $21,471. Bills were paid.

Old Business:  Landowner database was updated.  Free vouchers and Insurance certificates were printed.  Envelopes, Pancake tickets and stamps were procured.  Bulk of the meeting was spent stuffing envelopes.  Have a few issues to resolve for next year due to changes and landowner deaths & ownership changes.  Need to remove "&amp" from insurance certificate for Voice.  Need to add free voucher for Vilardi.  Need to change address on insurance certificate for Smithgall.  Need to add insurance certificate for Petter Skinner.    Remove free voucher for Fred Rose.  Palmer was removed from the list last year as they moved.  Remove wife Helen from John (Jack) Newton as she passed.  Remove G. Magolzivk from database as we hav no owner/address now.  There is no Ben & Jen Martino, should be Robert.  Add free vouchers to all the Knapps.  Change Marie Dow to Eric.

New Business:  None

 

General Meeting Minutes

Date: 9/11/2019

Food was served, meeting was called to order and Pledge of Allegiance was said. We had one Truxton member attend the meeting.

1 Reading of Minutes: Minutes from 4/10/19 General Mtg. were read. No corrections.

2 Presentation of Resolutions: None

3 Officer Reports:
Treasurer's Report: No treasurer. Have bills from the summer for paint, bear claws and grouser bar parts, etc. ~$2000. Balance on hand ~$26000 prior. Discussed some desired excavation work / possible expenses on various trails. We never moved any money into separate accounts for new groomer barn or new groomer.

Safety Officer Report: Position is still open. There will be a class done by Onondaga County on 11/2/19 prior to kickoff dinner. Should handle 35 kids. Question about duties of SO, so it was explained what safety officer does and requirements. Also, Toad Hollow is doing one 12/21/19.

Trail Master's Report: We did pretty good job with items on the list with support on the work day and other help. Drags got painted and 2 were put in the other barn. Russ completed winch bracket and anchor, then Tim welded them. Also, Russ made a box for them, which is in back of gator. Russ painted the 225 new stakes, added reflectors and stacked them. Ordered $500 of signs. Ordered pieces for making 12 grouser bars. $400 each to purchase, but we will spend under $100 each to make them. They are about 50% done. Bought gates for Walt Dixon's. He is having health issues, so Brian will contact him to get status. Also, Brian will contact Todd Shute about work on Connors property. Culverts are best, would need to order. Need to call 811 as AT&T cable is in there. Need to get OK from 3 landowners. Also, there is a short culvert to the south. Work required in Highland too. Need to touch base with D. Newton first to quote, then Todd Shute if required. Tim painted bottom of groomer barn and fuel tank. Need to get insurance certificates, vouchers and labels printed. Steve Zink died, no one knows what is going on. Ok on Hills / RT80 as house didn't get built yet. Tim mowed a couple fields for good PR. May be a reroute issue in Delphi so there was some discussion on possibilities. Need envelopes and stamps. Gator and Scandvik are in good shape.

Assistant Trail Master's Report: Culverts still need to be put in on S53. Need to check with Dave Gillis."
Vice President's Report: Will look into status of Zink's property. Need keys for gates.
President's Report: Four members (Eugene, Mickey, Russ, Gary) went to the forum. New VP for NYSSA. For GPSing they now have a cell phone app. Also, there will be a cell phone app for NYSSA interactive map. Russ and Tim can open / close our trails on the map. About half the clubs still don't update it. On the parks side, Bennett left for another job. McFarland on medical leave. Nicole is green. Phase 3 hasn't been done. Our trail reroutes and unfunded trails were all submitted to be funded trails. There will be like a $4.95 charge for ITM app. Recapped the raffle results. Friend of Eugene's won 3rd place Polaris sled, but took 6 weeks to get notified. Onondaga County meetings were changed to 3rd Tuesday of the month based on one guy.
4 Committee Reports: No committee reports.

5 Old Business: 501C3 for Federal was submitted, now we wait 6-9 months. Got a letter that submittal was received. Also, NYS submittal was done (no charge from lawyer for that). Eugene thanked Russ for his efforts. Lawyer needs to be paid as bills are overdue. Got thank you letters from Fabius, Pompey and Lafayette After Proms and Lafayette Outreach. Need to order pancake tickets.

6 New Business: This year is going to be worse getting to trail work done as the corn is late and cutting hasn't started. Doing Stop stakes / signs before the corn is cut helps a lot. Discussed where to have board meetings (Knoxies, Lafayette Inn, Heritage Hills, Coalyards, groomer barn). Also, question was asked should we combine board and general meetings. Separate board meetings help us to catch up on bills, so we will keep separate. Plan 9/25 board meeting to be at Knoxies. Might be a conflict. Decided we should order fuel now as it may be cheaper.

7 Payment of Bills: No treasurer, so no bills paid. Tim has a couple checks he can send out.

8 Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned.